Our theme from September, 2012 through July, 2013 is Battle, the ultimate conflict, occurring in small ways and vast, within us, between us and beyond us. We will host three exhibitions examining this concept, beginning with War of Words, followed by Secret Wars and Battle Grounds.
War of Words will explore ideas of conflict as filtered through the not-so-precise lens of language and will include a collaborative work (working title Yes or No) by members of our community, including you if you are so inclined. See details that follow below.For general submissions: The deadline for the collaborative art piece, Yes or No, is September 10. To submit for Yes or No, see details below. For the Battle exhibitions, do NOT send original artwork. Digital file submissions will only be accepted via email and must be in JPEG or PDF format, resolution set to 72 dpi, no larger than 800 X 800 pixels and no larger than 2MB. Please number images to correspond to an Image List numbered to correspond with your image submission.
Yes or No
Please join us in creating a collaborative artwork as part of the War of Words exhibition. Deadline: September 10, 5pm.
We are constantly drawing lines in the sand to delineate “us from them.” Zero or One. Black or White. Yes or No.
Yes or No explores this ubiquitous binary conflict by bringing together elements from a multitude of makers. While each piece is autonomous, the sum total reflects the hive mind at work.
How to Play
1) First make the big decision. Choose either “Yes” or “No.” Really, only one of these two words…choose carefully!
2) Create a small work 5″ x 7″ using your chosen word. (and not the other one). Please make it horizontal. No frames.
2a) Your word (and not the other one) should be visible.
3) This may be high art, low art or not art at all.
4) It must be black and white only. No color.
5) It must install easily. (no electronics or fancy stuff). We will install these in a large grid in the gallery.Details: Mail in or drop off your piece (no jpegs please). Include your name and contact info on the back. And let us know if it’s ok to include this on a webpage with your name (we will have a webpage that contains all works in the grid). Note: if we are overwhelmed with submissions, some works may appear on the web only. Also, work must be dropped off or delivered on specified dates and then picked up at the end of the show…sadly we will not be able to ship/mail works back. September 10 is the deadline. Note: it may be easier to mail your submission. If you would like to hand-deliver, please contact the gallery first since the gallery is closed for vacation.