Saturday, June 2, 7-10pm
Calling all wayfarers, wanderers, tramps, train-hoppers, drifters, day-trippers, pilgrims, globetrotters, vagabonds, lost souls, rolling stones and anyone who’s ever felt the urge to go beyond.
As the culmination of our year of Migration-themed exhibits and events, Proteus Gowanus presents Nomad Mixer, an art-packed romp through our labyrinthine halls, alleyway and courtyard with music, food, drink, and exotic experiences around every bend.
Featured performers and activities:
- Intimate encounters with the literary Gypsies of The Poetry Brothel
- The runaway-train sounds of the Union Street Preservation Society Band
- Theater experiments from the Dzieci Theatre Ensemble
- Holus Bolus transforms our alleyway into a Nomad Spectacle
- The incredible Steampunk Seed Machine
- and a Live Auction of Extra-Ordinary Experiences including 900 Years of Russian Art History in One Hour, A Blindfold Walk thru Brooklyn Parks and a Guided Coyote Walk!
(Image by Atty Gell)